Saturday, June 03, 2006

Why Footprints?

Footprints symbolize the route between where we've been and where we are. Also, I aspire to have good memories and footprints be the only thing left when I leave where I've been. Maybe it's silly, but this is something I've been reflecting on for a while, and now seems to be the time to start a new way of documenting where we've been every once in a while.

For a while I had a website up. This cost some time and money that weren't terribly well spent. Because if you look there (Riley.smugmug.com) you will see that Riley is still a year old. But no, he's 20 months old tomorrow, and every day, I wish I spent more time documenting him so you could all see how wonderful he is.

Where did we come from to get here today? Riley and I rode my bike down to the Big Dog Parade, Joshua, Riley, Cecil, Jayda and I hung out with some dogs, and then in the afternoon we went to the Human Rights Festival. Only in Santa Barbara.

In our crazy house, our son wakes up from his afternoon nap only long enough to eat dinner, take a bath, get in a few stories and head back to sleep. The cycle is about to repeat itself.

1 Comments:

Blogger Surfwahine said...

Love Riley's little face .. very expressive too too cute!!
very hip with his glasses!

How do I do the Links? I want to link you and Mindy up with me ??

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home