Tuesday, June 12, 2018

2018 Mid Year's Cards




Why did you get your new year’s card in June? 

It's been way too long since we caught up.

The Portland Period has been dark (2/11 to present). I took on the fight of my life to get equal parenting time with the light of my life. Then I found out Oregon family law favors the under-earner, regardless of the cause or credentials. I have many things to come to peace over as I think about right versus wrong and fair versus just.All I have left in Santa Barbara is the area code in my phone number. Use it if you want to know more.

Whispers of gratitude are nibbling at the resentment as we near the end of a three year contentious, expensive, and acrimonious divorce. For example, I work at a great place, that has been forgiving of the constant distraction I experience. And I have amazing friends on the sidelines.

And, most importantly, Riley is an amazing child, who is loved by many. He plays the flute in the Hosford Middle School Band, gets great grades, and recently won the district championships in discus. I love him more than more. 

Come visit us in Portland. The weather is better than you think, and it offers citywide bicycle boulevards and curbside composting. 

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Dru,
It has been a great pleasure getting your Christmas cards and fallowing Ryley’s development all these years. So sorry to hear about your ordeal. I wish the two of you all the best. Zeljka

7:48 PM  
Blogger dru said...

Thank you Zeljka!

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home